Powered By Blogger

Inspirational Reads

Resurrection

November 14, 2007

I haven't totally gone away. I haven't totally forgotten the blog. I haven't totally snubbed everyone who hangs on my every word.

*insert cricket noise here*

Well then.

I managed to finish the re-read on The Boar War. Things went fairly well, and I cut out a lot, but ended up adding stuff in the end. I think I added five pages. As I don't have my counts and lists in front of me, I can't tell you the exact numbers and such.

I sat around for a while and debated as to whether I should just send it off to publishers willy-nilly, or if I should try to find an agent (adding yet another level of willy-nilliness to the searching). I eventually settled on the latter (because, honestly, we need all that extra willy-nilly), and thusly submitted my first query letter to an agent in Denver.

A quick sum-up: Total Fail.

Oh well. That's the fun of the process, I guess. Not everyone is going to be won-over by my query letter, I suppose.

I haven't searched for a second yet. It's not because I'm afraid of more Total Failure. It's more because I've gotten busy lazy and haven't put in the time nor the diligence in order to find another potential agent.

Thus stands the update. I have nothing to tell, other than I swung for the fences and missed badly. I read fastball, got a slider, and, well, looked like Sammy Sosa on a pitch low and outside.

Unlike Sammy, though, I'm not going home early. I'm going to try and find another tonight. I might also ask some opinions on some stuff later, if I can figure out how to make a blogpoll.

So, no, I'm not dead, gone, forgotten or even missing. I'm just lazy. But you all knew that already, didn't you?

6 comments:

Chemgeek said...

Glad to have you "back"
Good luck with the agent. I have no experience with agents, other than the occasional reducing agent or oxidizing agent.

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

Ha ha! Good call. I'm hoping that this type of agent won't catch fire when exposed to water nor turn my hands black!

Hap said...

I hope your resurrection (or the blog's) turns out better than Alien 4. Even though it had Winona Ryder, I still regret paying $7 to see it.

Ψ*Ψ said...

Although...if they DO catch fire when exposed to water...and they reject your book...you know what to do to them :D

Will Shannon said...

Good to hear that you have not died or lost your fingers.

Well, of course the agent in Denver said no. Didn't you know that Denver, apart from its location, blows?

I spent two of the worst weeks of my life in Denver...the end of one of them, I seem to recall, involved me drinking a pint of brandy in a public park in the middle of the night, wondering how the hell I got there.

Do they still publish that book "The Writer's Market?"

Chemgeek said...

There's an Alien 4????!!!?!?