Powered By Blogger

Inspirational Reads

And Then There Were Three

May 29, 2007

Chapters that is. Chapters Twenty Three and Twenty Six are finished now. I meant to finish earlier this week, but I've been delayed by a thousand different things this week it seems. Whether it's life in the lab or dealing with the kids or whatever, it just has seemed like everything has been drawing my attention away from focusing on the writing.

As I'm writing this, it's just flipped past 12:00, so I obviously am not going to finish by the end of May, but there are only three chapters left, and all three of these are the battle scenes at the conclusion of the book. As I've said, I have those hashed out already, and I've pushed forward some of the work on those. I just wanted to really focus on dealing with another one of the story arcs and wrap it up, which I managed to do with these last two chapters.

I wrote earlier this week about the use of poetic language in epics. Well, this isn't an epic, not in my mind, at least. It is a very fine story, and I love it, but it's just not the same as my other works. So, I used a little bit of that poetic language that is supposed to appear in these epics. In the second of the chapters I finished up, I used the "We will have war in the morning" refrain. I worded it slightly differently, but it's the same sentiment, and it works very well with the characters involved.

So, there you go, only three chapters to go. I will finish chapter 30 first and then probably do chapter 28 and then wrap up with Chapter 29. I'm leaving at the end of the month to go to Indiana for a week, where I'll have no computer access, so my goal (and this is a hard goal) is to be finished by then. I'd really like to finish before I go off on a different trip, which I will talk about closer to the time I actually undertake the journey.

The Run Down:

Word Count: 156191
Page Count: 512

0 comments: