Powered By Blogger

Inspirational Reads

The Beauty of Dreams

May 24, 2007

So, yesterday I told you the tale of Tammy Pfaltzgraf and how this related to my elementary school girlfriend, Maria Ramirez.

Well, last night I had a dream about Maria Ramirez. I'm sure this will make my wife jealous, but I found it amusing that she popped up in a dream for the first time in, oh, 20 years or so. I'm easily amused by things such as this.

Anyway, the dream wasn't juicy or saucy or anything. It was basically me if I hadn't met my wife. I was a 31-year-old loser (so far, nothing is a dream) without a wife, kids, family...the works. I think I still lived with my parents (but still worked in North Carolina, because a couple of my friends from The Old North State showed up) and I was desperate for a date. Well, I ended up asking out Maria Ramirez...but she was like this South American princess or something...or that's what I told my parents because...well...they're not the most tolerant people on the face of the planet.

Anyway, I remember going this whole big way to end up at the airport in Indianapolis where I could pick up Ms. Maria and take her home to meet my parents. In the end, we just stopped at a bar halfway between Indy and my parents' home (so, I'm guessing it's somewhere around Muncie...) and going to a bar and me telling her "You know what, screw my parents, they don't deserve to meet you."

That was pretty much the dream. As I said, nothing flashy, nothing saucy, but amusing nonetheless. At least to me.

2 comments:

Chemgeek said...

I love unexpected dreams. It seems in this case you can at least explain what stirred the memory. I get really freaked out when I dream about someone or something that I haven't thought about for years. That's a little weird.

The Ex said...

Haa! Cute dream. Kind of sad in a weird loserishy way.