Powered By Blogger

Inspirational Reads

And, um, well, huh...

March 28, 2007

So, my wife swears to me that she tried plugging the computer into all the other outlets on the surge protector strip. I have no reason not to believe her. After talking to my friend Joe, who is one of those people who know a little bit about everything, I was convinced that it would be a quick, easy fix to get the old computer box back up and running.

I had no idea how easy it would be to fix.

I came home and did all my evening duties and then decided it was time to take the computer to Best Buy to get fixed. I tried turning it on once more, with no success. Well, I took everything apart and carried the box downstairs where I decided I'd try the computer in one of the outlets in the kitchen.

On it came.

I don't know what I did. Maybe it was the three pennies I shook out of it (my son has a love of pushing coins into places they don't belong...my old VCR rattles like a piggy bank), maybe it was when I tried to pull the CD-ROM drive open to recover my Civ III disk (I figured I didn't need a lawsuit on my hands as well as a broken computer when some goom at Best Buy scratched my game all up). I got it open a bit, but couldn't recover the disk. Maybe pushing it back open flipped some internal switch.

Needless to say, I'm now back online at home and looking to finish that chapter I started last night. As for how I'm recovered, I have no earthly clue.

0 comments: