Powered By Blogger

Inspirational Reads

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

December 25, 2008




I realize it's four o'clock in the afternoon, so it's a little late, but Merry Christmas to everyone, anyway.

I was busy last night taking care of those fatherly things that one has to do before Christmas morning: setting out the presents, tying bows on scooters, getting all of the parts to a basketball goal out of the box, deciding to set the basketball goal up during the daylight, eating the cookies, drinking the milk, nailing the wife.

Oh, yeah, and watching NOTRE DAME WIN A BOWL GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE I WAS A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I'm excited, or anything.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Thanks for making this blog such a great place to hang out and to write and everything. I hope you stay around for the rest of the year and on into 2009. I'll try to keep entertaining you (though I'm pretty much tapped out of dating stories that involve girls being sexually harassed by monkeys).

13 comments:

joe said...

I love you. Merry Christmas!!

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

I see Santa brought you some boxes of wine, either that or the Friday Mandate just got a lot more creepy...

Merry Christmas to you, too!

mike said...

The real travesty is that Notre Dame even was selected to a bowl game in any of the last 9 years, especially the last 2. Where's Ron Powlus when you need him? Happy birthday (belated) anyways.

Scope said...

When the frak did they start putting the apostophies between the I's?

"Hawai'i"? Real'ly?

And it iNDeed nice to see.

Gwen said...

Merry Christmas, jenks!

Hap said...

Merry Christmas and congratulations. Hawaii isn't all that, but it's better to win a bowl game than not. Perhaps someone will note that using a bowl game as a vanity ornament is almost as tacky as naming a toilet stall after a donor, and act appropriately.

In a few more days OSU will have the opportunity to get abused by the Longhorns. I am of little faith, but I don't think that TX is going to forgive their abuse at the hands of the Big 12 and the B(C)S, and OSU is the nearest punching bag at hand. Listening to Brent Musberger completes the challenge (though he wasn't instant ipecac the last time I heard him).

Chemgeek said...

"(though I'm pretty much tapped out of dating stories that involve girls being sexually harassed by monkeys)."

Dear Sir,

Please cancel my subscription to your newsletter.

Sincerely,

Chemgeek

Lisa-tastrophies said...

What!! No more monkey lovin' stories? What kind of low-rent blogger are you? That's it. It's over. I was only in it for the monkey harrassment.

Seriously though, I hope you hada blessed and wonderful Christmas. Thank you for a year of great and inspiring reading. And I look forward to another year of giggling and snarffing while reading your great works.

Frank said...

Dont' worry, '09 is just another opportunity to make more monkey-related memories.

SouthernBelle said...

Tag!

Jim said...

That game was awesome. Merry Christmas, Matt -- and GO IRISH!

(and Go Ducks!, too.)

Susan said...

Merry Christams - thanks for making me actually have to think a little with your writing. Uh, and laugh a LOT.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

hey happy new year dude! Looks like Santa brought you exactly what you wanted!! Congrats on the big win!