Powered By Blogger

Inspirational Reads

A Shot Across the Bow

May 6, 2006

So, this is far more convenient, I'm certain. At least you don't have to wade through a hundred profiles and pictures before you come to the good stuff, which is why you're here, right? RIGHT?

The Boar War is underway. Fear the squirrels in your side yard. Beware the deer prowling at the edge of your property. Trust not the birds, great or small. The Boar Clan is a proud and ancient line, stretching back to the very beginning, when the Mother Goddess placed all the creatures on the land, all the birds in the sky, and all the fishes in the seas. The Boar Clan distrusted Men from the beginning and called for their blood, but Greatback the Mammoth King did not allow the Boar Clan to have their way. Instead, he treated with the Men, brought them peace, and they repaid him with murder.

That's as much of a teaser as I've cranked out so far. It's all explained in the prologue that I've finished and added to my website http://www.geocities.com/thistleking/TBWPro.html Check it out and tell me what you think: thistleking@yahoo.com

I have finally mastered the art of addition in Excel, and so now I have a running word count for the book that I can post here as I work on it, to give everyone an idea of how I keep track of what I want from the book (aside from a satisfying story).

The first chapter is done. It's long, but not as long as some of the chapters I've gone through in King of Shadows. God, I can get wordy. Chapter two is underway. I have about 500 words written in it.

That's all I have right now for you. Notice how this isn't myspace. You should all tell me how great I am.

Current word count: 10198
It is on...

0 comments: