Powered By Blogger

Inspirational Reads

What the Hell?

January 12, 2009

Ever go back and re-read something you posted and notice a big, glaring error? Normally, I go through and read my own stuff about three times before posting, making sure the grammar is up-to-snuff and such. I also like to make sure that the words flow well and that I don't use the same words over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...ahem...sorry. Sometimes I'll even notice something after I've posted, and so I go back to fix it and re-post the corrected edition. Sometimes, I'll even do this four or five times before I'm happy with the final product.

With that in mind, go back and read my last post. Do you see it? What the hell??? How the hell did I miss this: "when I wrong something mildly amusing" When I 'wrong' something? Sweet Jesus on a Pogo Stick. How far up between my ass cheeks had I buried my head when I typed out that little piece of nonsense? I'm guessing jejunum deep, but that's just a stab in the dark.

And here's the thing...it's been up for two days now. I hope you all knew that I meant to type "wrote" instead of "wrong". Fuckin' aye. I was sober when I posted it, too. I'll chalk it up to being so torn up by the word verification insulting me, or perhaps all the blood had drained from my brain as I was thinking about Scarlett Johansson, a large amount of jello, and a goat.

Now that I'm thinking about that again, I can understand why I wrong what I wrong the other day. Maybe, just maybe, I'm beginning to understand why no agents are picking up my manuscript...

13 comments:

Sass said...

Sometimes I'm tempted to just post a post as I wrong it. ;) And see how many errors people let me get away with.

I think we should try it. Sometimes I'd be amazed and the stupid stuff I wrong.

I'm having too much fun with this. I'm glad you wrong it. ;)

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

I'm glad you are enjoying it, Sass.

Apparently, to err is human; to really fuck things up, it takes mjenks.

Sassy Britches said...

I do it ALL the time. I have to go back and re-post frequently because I type in some funky dyslexic way. Most times I hate it in comments because you either leave it and look like a big dummy or delete it and have "This Comment Deleted By Author" staring everyone in the face like you said something horrific and had to take it down. It's a no-win my friend!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

TOo funny! I hate it when that happens. And it does, sometimes no matter how many times you edit.

Mel O said...

At least that's a real word!! I can't tell you how many times I come across completely made up words that I wrong.

Scope said...

Yes, I caught it.
Yes, it took me a bit to figure it out.
No, I wasn't going to bust your chops for it. Glass houses and all.
Yes, I will go back and fix glaring errors or paragraph spacing after posting to clean things up.
Yes, I am thinking about going back and fixing different key words on my blog.
Yes, Most of my posts are wrtten in Word first to try to save myself from some of this, but it doesn't save you in these situations.

And isn't that why editors have jobs and are such horrible, nasty, foul tempered, fowl smelling people. (Yes, they smell like 3 day old chicken, left out in the sun.)

Ashley said...

I'm a grammar freak as well...sometimes even with text messages. I need help. haha.

Frank said...

Don't worry, you talk pretty one day.

Gwen said...

HA! I noticed. I had to read it a couple times before I figured out what you meant. You've still got Zibbs beat.

Alaina said...

heh heh you said stab in the dark

Lisa-tastrophies said...

Ever go back and re-read something you posted and notice a big, glaring error?
OH MY GAWD!! Have your READ my blog??? Between my inability to speel, Blogger's crappy formatting, my computer dumbass skills and the fact that I can think faster than I can type....
Maybe that's why the computer safety department wanted to talk to me about why I wanted to go skiing in Asspen...........

Lisa-tastrophies said...

Speel..... get it :-)

~E said...

I didn't even notice it. I guess my brain just wasn't up to it's usual critical self. Like right now.